TSA Tips for Traveling From DIA
By Melissa Moore on November 16, 2023
Let’s face it- with DIA being the world’s 3rd busiest airport, getting through TSA is half the battle. Even if you have TSA PreCheck, there can still be a wait. I recently saw the TSA PreCheck line wrapped back towards the luggage carousels. Crazy long!
In anticipation of a crazy busy Thanksgiving and holiday season, TSA is offering some tips for Colorado travelers.
TSA Tips for DIA
- Download the Colorado digital ID – LINK HERE – Note you should still carry your ID when traveling in addition to having this on your phone.
- Make sure if you have TSA PreCheck that your ticket says it and have your info. ready – Children 12 and younger can use the TSA PreCheck lane if they’re with a parent or guardian who is eligible.
- Double check you aren’t bringing anything you shouldn’t in your bag – this is a duh but I see it every single time I travel…What? I can’t bring this?!
- Know what holiday foods you can travel with – CLICK here to see their official list
- Plan to arrive early! – Usually 2 hours before domestic flights and 3 hours before international flights- those times may need to be padded during the holidays though.
Happy Holidays & Safe Travels!