Tomorrow Record Store Day
By Melissa Moore on April 21, 2023
Tomorrow is a huge day for vinyl. Vinyl records have made a huge comeback, hence Record Store Day which started in 2007.
Some fun facts about vinyl buyers:
- 50% of people who purchase vinyl never play them – think collection
- 41% of vinyl buyers own a turntable that they do not use.
- – 7% of vinyl buyers don’t own a turntable.
- – 52% of vinyl buyers use their turntable
- – 50% of people will stream an album before buying it on vinyl.
My first record was a 45 of Elton John Crocodile Rock. My dad was a DJ in Muncie, Indiana and brought it home for me. I played it on my Winnie the Pooh record player every day.
What was yours?