Morning Power Muffins
By on November 22, 2017
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder, unflavored (about 2 scoops)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds (flax seed meal)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked lean ham
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour through flax seed meal).
- In another bowl, mix oil, buttermilk, egg whites and honey. Add cheese and chopped ham.
- Gently stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Spoon mixture into 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.
- Refrigerate or freeze and microwave for 15-30 seconds before serving for best results.
Nutrition Information per serving (1 muffin): 237 calories, 12 g protein (including 3 g whey protein), 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 288 mg sodium.