Employee of the Day Official Rules
The following contest is intended for participants in the United States only and will be governed by United States laws. Do not proceed in this contest if you are not eligible or not currently located in the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
KOSI EMPLOYEE OF THE DAY CONTEST 2021
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
Contest Administrator: KOSI-FM, 7800 East Orchard Road, Suite 400, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
- HOW TO ENTER
These rules govern the KOSI EMPLOYEE OF THE DAY (“Contest”), which is being conducted by KOSI 101.1 (“Station”). The Contest begins on Monday, December 14, 2020 and ends on Thursday, March 25, 2021 (“Contest Dates”). Entrants, as defined below, may enter online and on Facebook.
To enter the Contest, the person entering the Contest (“Entrant”) may enter beginning on Monday, December 14, 2021 at 6:00am (MST) and ending on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 12:00pm (MST) (“Entry Period”). Entrants may enter via the following methods:
- Tell A Friend Entry: After entering via any method as set forth above, Entrant will also be provided an ongoing opportunity to “Tell A Friend” to participate in the Contest (“Tell A Friend Entry”). If Entrants “Tell A Friend” through the “Tell A Friend” link on the www.kosi101.com website during the Contest, and if that friend enters the Contest through Entrants personal unique entry URL provided to Entrant when Entrant enters his/her friend’s name and Entrant’s friend’s name is randomly drawn from all eligible entries received and the friend’s name is announced on Tuesdays and Thursdays at or about 8:00am (MST), 11:00am (MST), 1:00pm (MST), 2:00pm (MST), 3:00pm (MST) and 4:00pm (MST) and Entrant’s friend hears his/her name announced on KOSI 101.1, the friend will have (10) ten minutes to call 303-290-1011 to win. If Entrant’s friend whose name is announced calls within the (10) ten minutes, the friend will win $1,000 pursuant to Paragraph 3 below and you will also automatically win a $250 Employee of the Day Bonus Check. If the friend whose name is announced during a specific time slot does not call in within (10) ten minutes, no prize will be awarded for that time slot and the Entrant will not receive a bonus check for referring that friend. There is no limit to the number of friends Entrant can refer, and Entrant can receive an unlimited amount of $250 Employee of the Day Bonus Check for this Contest. In the event that a winning friend was referred online previously by several Entrants, only the first referring Entrant whose online email referral link was used for the Tell A Friend Entry will be eligible to receive a $250 Employee of the Day Bonus Check provided that the referring Entrant otherwise complies with these Official Rules. PLEASE NOTE: In order to be eligible to receive a $250 Employee of the Day Bonus Check, the friend you refer MUST register for the first time by clicking the referral link provided in the referral email. The referral email is automatically sent to the referral email address Entrants provide on the referral submission via the Tell A Friend Entry form. No phone calls or emails explaining you referred a friend will be accepted or acknowledged. Tell A Friend Entries from previous contests will not be honored.
Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in, or may be disadvantaged in participating in, the Contest. Entrants should not rely on streamed broadcasts and are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air versus online. The Station is not responsible for any disadvantages or losses that result from online streaming delays of any nature, nor is station otherwise responsible for any delays in online streaming.
All entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
The Contest is open to all persons who are legal U.S. residents of the State of Colorado, eighteen (18) years of age or older, and who reside in one of the eleven (11) jurisdictions that makes up the listening area in the Denver Metropolitan area (Counties include: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, Gilpin, Clear Creek, Park and Elbert). Void where
The following individuals are NOT eligible to enter Station contests at any time, even if such individuals meet the age and residency requirements above: (i) any employees (i.e., full-time, part-time and/or temporary employees) of the Station, Bonneville International Corporation, other area radio stations, Contest Sponsor, of any advertising and promotion agencies, and/or of the respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies of each; (ii) any immediate family members of such employees, including without limitation current and/or ex-spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, in-laws, and/or steps in any of the foregoing categories; and (iii) any other individual legally residing in the same household (i.e., at the same address) of such employees, including without limitation roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners.
Only one (1) Employee of the Day Entry and one (1) Facebook Entry per Entrant are permitted. One (1) prize per household (except for the Tell A Friend Entries, which are unlimited).
Unless the Station otherwise specifies, persons who have previously won a prize (cash, services, merchandise) from a contest or Station event from any of the Bonneville International Radio Stations are subject to the following restrictions: Persons who have won a prize valued up to $100 in the thirty (30) days prior to entering the Contest are not eligible to participate. Persons who have won a prize valued between $101 and $499 in the ninety (90) days prior to entering the Contest are not eligible to participate. Persons who have won a prize valued between $500 and $999 in the six (6) months prior to entering the Contest are not eligible to participate. Persons who have won a prize valued at $1,000 or more in the twelve (12) months prior to entering the Contest are not eligible to participate. These restrictions also apply to immediate household members of Contest or Winner.
Entrant must personally call in to be eligible to win a prize in this Contest and the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any actions it feels may be reasonably necessary in order to verify that the Entrant calling is the correct Entrant. Substitute callers (e.g., friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.) are not allowed and will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Station. The Station decisions in this regard shall be final.
To claim a prize, the person who has won a prize (“Winner”) must have internet access to provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number, and Social Security Number online.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any Entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating and/or accepting prize(s), Entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
The number of prizes awarded in this Contest depends on the number of eligible Employee of the Day Entry and Facebook Entries received and the number of Entrants who call back within the ten (10) minute window to claim a prize. Each prize consists of a check in the amount of $1,000 payable to the Winner. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is $1,000. The Winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). Prizes are not refundable or transferable, may not be sold to a third party, and may not be substituted or exchanged for credit at any time, nor will they be replaced if lost or stolen.
- The number of prizes awarded in this Contest depends on the number of eligible “Tell A Friend Entries” received and the number of Entrants who call back within the ten (10) minute window to claim a prize. Each prize consists of a check in the amount of $2500 payable to the Winner. The ARV of each prize is $250. The Winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). Prizes are not refundable or transferable, may not be sold to a third party, and may not be substituted or exchanged for credit at any time, nor will they be replaced if lost or stolen.
- As indicated above, all sales, prizes and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the Winner(s). As noted above, prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by the Station (or Contest Sponsor if applicable) for reasons of unavailability, in which case, a prize of equal value will be awarded. The Station or Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, loss, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer, or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security, or proper execution of the Contest, or the Internet portion of the Contest. Decisions of the Station and Contest Sponsor are final.
- If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION & CLAIMING PRIZE
Decisions of the Station management and Contest Sponsor with respect to the Contest are final.
The number of prizes awarded in this Contest depend on the number of eligible Employee of the Day Entries and Facebook Entries received and the number of Entrants who call back within the ten (10) minute window to claim a prize(s) as described above in Section 1 of these Official Rules.
Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible Employee of the Day Entries and Facebook Entries received and the number of Entrants who call back within the ten (10) minute window.
- Each Tuesday and Thursday beginning Thursday, January 7, 2021 through Thursday, March 25, 2021 (except for holidays), an Entrant’s name will be randomly drawn from all eligible Employee of the Day Entries and Facebook Entries received and announced at or about 8:00am (MST), 11:00am (MST), 1:00pm (MST), 2:00pm (MST), 3:00pm (MST) and 4:00pm (MST). When a selected Entrant hears his/her name announced, the selected Entrant will have ten (10) minutes from the time his/her name is announced on-air to call the Station studio at 303-290-1011. If the selected Entrant whose name is announced calls within ten (10) minutes, he/she will win $1,000. If the selected Entrant whose name is announced during a specific time slot does not call in within ten (10) minutes, no prize will be awarded for that time slot and the selected Entrant name will be placed back into the pool of Entrants.
- Winners must listen to the Station to win but do not need to be present to win. Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release online within thirty (30) days of winning or prize will be forfeited. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign, and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release online within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential Winner forfeits the prize and an alternate Winner will be selected. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, Winner(s) must claim his or her prize online, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the Winner.
- Public health conditions do not permit Winner(s) to claim their prize(s) at the office of the Station. Therefore, the Station will coordinate with the Winner to confirm their identity remotely and to deliver the prize by mail or other means of delivery. Each Winner will be required to sign a release that the Station and any Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible if the prize is late, lost, stolen, misdirected, undeliverable, or damaged during shipping. In such cases, there is no purchase necessary to enter or win.
Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Only one (1) Employee of the Day Entry and one (1) Facebook Entry per Authorized Account Holder, as defined below, is permitted. Multiple entries from the same Authorized Account Holder will be disqualified. The use of any device to automate multiple entries entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that Entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Contest. In the event of a dispute, all entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address; or (ii) is assigned to the mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest. Failure to comply with the rules of the Contest may result in an Entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good-faith determination that an Entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Contest, the Station may disqualify that Entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered contests and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Station reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or equitable purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. To the extent the Station makes material changes to the terms and conditions of the Contest, any such material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website: https://kosi101.com/ within twenty-four (24) hours of the change and periodically thereafter. If a prize cannot be awarded or used or a prize-related event cannot take place as scheduled, for reasons beyond the control of the Station, including, but not limited to, promoter or performer actions, cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability due to the closure of a Contest Sponsor’s location, if applicable, or weather, natural disasters, disease, epidemic, pandemic, national or regional emergency, or for any other reason beyond the control of the Station or Contest Sponsor, the Station reserves the right, but does not have the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s). If any provision of these Official Rules is irrevocably inconsistent with any provision set forth on the Contest webpage, then the provision of these Official Rules will prevail, but solely to the extent of the inconsistency.
Calling the Station regarding the Contest constitutes permission for the Station to tape the caller’s voice and use it on the air. All telephone calls during the Contest may be taped without further permission from the caller. By entering the Contest and/or acceptance of prize(s), all Entrants consent to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice, video, entry materials, prize information (if any), or any statements made for trade, publicity, advertising, or promotional purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, including online announcements, without limitation and without compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Each Winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. For example, Winners will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 and verify their identify either in person or through email, DocuSign, or videoconference, and complete an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station online prior to receiving their prize. Each Winner will solely be responsible for any (federal, state, or local) taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize and may receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc for all prizes won from the Station in any calendar year where the aggregate value of all such prizes is $600 or more. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to Contest entry, including without limitation submitting an incomplete or fraudulent entry, and/or failing to complete the entry process, will result in such entry being disqualified from such Contest. Any individual(s) that is found to be, or suspected of, tampering with a Contest in any way, including without limitation by making a fraudulent entry, by engaging in any “deal-making” with or between other Contest Entrants or third parties, by creating a public hazard, by cheating, by engaging in improper or illegal activity, by causing interference with or the destruction of property and/or utilized public safety resources will be disqualified from participating and/or winning any prize(s), as applicable, and may be banned from any future participation in any Contest as determined by Station at its sole discretion and on a case-by-case basis.
Participation in a Contest and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes agreement by Entrant and/or Winner to release, forever discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Station, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, participating Contest Sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions, and losses or damages, including but not limited to, personal injury or communicable diseases sustained or incurred with respect to the conduct of or participating in the Contest, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto, act or omission, whether negligent, intentional or otherwise caused by Station, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the Contest.
The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection, equipment malfunctions, and any other technological failures; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or omissions by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to Entrant(s) and/or Winner(s) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same; or (vii) the closure of any contest sponsor location, promoter or performer issues, acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, disease, national or regional emergency, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other reason beyond the Station’s sole control.
Except where prohibited, by entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Greenwood Village, Colorado; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (iv) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. Colorado law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
7. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES
Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. Consistent with Section 1(f), there is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant, per method of entry indicated above that is permitted in this Contest. Any attempt by any one or more Entrants to obtain more than one (1) entry by using the same email address, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram account or similar registration method through any means including, without limitation, multiple/different email addresses, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram accounts, identities, registrations, logins, or other methods will void all entries from that address or account, and such Entrant(s) will be disqualified.
Copies of these rules are available at the Station’s website: https://kosi101.com/, or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at 7800 East Orchard Road, #400, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.